Events CalendarComing Soon:
• Jan. 9, 2014 - Works by Louis Reith
• Jan. 31, 2014 - Hamburger Eyes Photo Show
• February 15, 2014 - Erik Scollon Solo Show
• March 15 - April 8, 2014 - MOVE, group show curated by Rich Jacobs
• April 12, 2014 - Club Paint
• May 17, 2014 - Bitches Rule zine release organized by Darin Klein
• June - Group Show curated by Cinders Gallery
• July - Edie Fake solo show
• August - Louis Schmidt & Ben Medansky
& Pens presents,
“We’ll All Be There”
A Slide Show and Casual Discussion
by Deadbeat Club photographers:
Photography will be discussed over cider, coffee, and various types of delicious home made pie (some vegan, some not) by Nina’s Pie Project.
*All issues of the Deadbeat Club zines will be available for purchase at the event.—–> * One night only!! Saturday October 26th at 7:00-9:00 p.m.*
Friday November 1 - December 1, 2013
Screens - A solo exhibition by Kathleen Ryan
Curated by Michelle Blade
Kathleen Ryan's installation based ceramic sculptures are three dimensional sketches of commonplace architecture; cinder block walls, steel stair railings, security gates. Made of lustrous glazed ceramic, the fragile material is pushed to transcend its physical limits, playing opposing roles simultaneously. As the sculptures hover above the ground or precariously upright, they also oscillate between utility and decoration, handmade and manufactured, glamour and grit, the banal and the sublime.
Kathleen Ryan is an artist living and working in her hometown Los Angeles. She is an MFA candidate at UCLA and will graduate in Spring 2014.
January 30 - February 2, 2014
Hamburger Eyes Photo Show